Thursday, November 24, 2011

The New Face of the American Poetry Underground


The New Face of the American Poetry Underground
(By Walter Beck)
Strutting on stage
With all the swagger of Axl Rose;
I remember the first time
I got on stage,
Starring down at the podium
And gripping the sides,
Not in ecstasy,
But to calm my shaking hands.

Now that mic is a weapon
And the mic stand the stock.
I’ve grown to hate podiums
Because they restrict my swagger.

Spitting fire and fantasy,
Shirtless, sweaty,
Dripping with stage blood,
Feeling like my heroes and idols.

Off-stage
I’m fueled by greasy take-out and Thunderbird,
Nights on and off,
Spent in bars,
Two-dollar gin & tonics
And five-dollar pitchers
With wild music on the juke.

Off-stage
I’m bombarded
With fantasies and dreams
Of fellow poets and freaks
Wanting to use me and use them.

Long-timers
Rubbing one out
To thoughts of me pulling their hair
And pissing on them;
Leading them around on a leash and collar,
And performing naked
While they submit
To my every whim.

Editors
Asking me
What the freakiest thing I would do to them,
And I said I would write a poem
In their own cum.

Freaks
Wanting to foot fuck me,
Lick and cum
All over this
Natural Hoosier leather.

On-stage, off-stage and on the page
I am becoming
The rock n roll poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment