Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Weep for You (For Bro Cope)


*NOTE: This poem originally appeared on Facebook

I Weep for You (For Bro Cope)
(By Walter Beck)
I weep for you, sir;
Even as we are perceived enemies.
I weep for you,
Because you would mock my suffering,
Because you call my destruction,
A “LAUGH RIOT”.
I weep for you, sir;
To have such a hardened and callous heart
That you would take such joy
In death, pain and agony,
Then accuse others
Of being “lovers of death”.

It is you who loves death,
Not I,
For I weep for you
As I weep for all
Who’ve hardened their hearts so much,
As I weep for those
Who die bloody and alone.

I weep for you, sir,
And hope above all else
That you and the rest of your flock
Would rejoice in life and beauty
Instead of destruction and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment