Saturday, November 26, 2011

From the Archives: A Burned-Out Mind on the Homefront


This poem is out of the dusty archives, this one goes back to August 2007 and it's one of my earliest "experimental" poems. I was in Terre Haute, having just moved there, I was feeling very frustrated and depressed, having just been through the Ransburg Affair. So I was listening to Eyehategod and started looking at their song titles.

Look for more poems from Walt's Dusty Archives!

A Burned-Out Mind on the Homefront
(By Walter Beck)

Sitting here, locked in for days, friends gone in their own lives, the phone lies dead, feeling like I’m Serving Time in the Middle of Nowhere, tray full of butts and ash, a symbol of an addiction gone mad, snuff residue laces my fingernails, am I just a Jackass in the Will of God?, cheap arguments with a bloodline, increasingly desperate searching on the GODMACHINE looking for cheap thrills and a moment’s satisfaction, a burned out hero just walking 99 Miles of Bad Road, remains of a Corruption Scheme, a sense of a Lack of Almost Everything, when he says I Am the Gestapo, entering the Age of Bootcamp, and in the end just Turn Troubled Tables.

*Song references from Mike Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment