Sunday, November 20, 2011

Free-Form Piece #2: Untitled (Plague Upon Society)

Free-Form Piece #2: Untitled (Plague Upon Society)
(By Walter Beck)
I’ve been called it all, queer, freak, homo lover, fag enabler (still not sure what the hell that is), even the gangrene of society, I’ve ran with drag queens, drag kings, misfits, outlaws, he-she, she-he, it, ran in back alleys, front alleys, in bar doors and out the back, I’ve seen it in black & white, shades of gray, in color, even saw it in high-definition, I’ve seen you, tangoed with you, had your goons try to jump me, while I stood solitary, dancing with you has been called my fatal addiction, the cause of my headaches, they admire my patience with you on a strange level, like the Guns said, I’m living “Right Next Door to Hell”, Hell? I’m not afraid of your Hell and your Heaven doesn’t entice me much either, your radicalism, my radicalism, just two sides of the same coin ain’t it?

If I’m such a plague old man, why don’t you grow a pair and try to dance with me one on one?

As Neil Young said, “Keep on rocking in the free world…”

No comments:

Post a Comment