Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Bullet Had My Name on It

This Bullet Had My Name on It
(By Walter Beck)
The bullet had my name on it,
From the cold glass & steel palace,
The bullet had my name on it.

After a year
Of shaking off rusty iron,
Feeling alive and free,
This bullet had my name on it.

“Go quietly,
Shut up,
Or die”

As they whisper down the line.

19 years;
The sharp shards of plastic
Raining down
From broken Eagle’s wings
And no fires in the night
To offer salvation.

Triggerman,
I can’t see you in shadows
And you’re too chickenshit to look at me,
Just like any other Silver Loop.

Who are you?
Are you the same triggerman
Who threatened me in the summer heat?

Where do you come from?
Are you from Waldrip Creek Road?
Still trying to settle the score
From five bloody years ago.

Remember these words
When you pull the trigger,
Ending 19 years of hard work & dedication;

“Shoot coward,
You’re only going to kill a man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment